This is a temporary post, noticing you that there will be a lot more to write about…
If you got a specific topic which you got questions about, feel free to ask below and I will most likely add it to the list. Expect these topics to come up soon:
- 90% of our inventions are made by autists?
- Why is it so difficult to keep contact or friends?
- Relationships, how does it work?
- Creativity, my source of tranquility!
- Comedy, my way of communication
- Restaurants, busy places and me…
- Going to university, a total horror story
- Whatever happens, stay positive!
- Loud sounds, a love-hate relationship
- When aggression gets too much for me
- When medicines are not enough
- Anxiety and Alprazolam – Medicine
Have a nice day!
Disorders do not always appear alone, but another one (or more) might be attached with it. For example, those with anxiety disorders may also suffer faster from depression. In the medical terminology this is known as a comorbidity. I also have a few extra comorbidities.
Continue reading “What is a comorbidity?”
This book explains a lot in detail what is going on in the mind of an autistic person. It is in many aspects so near to my experiences in life, that it became sort-of a guide or a bible, how I work inside my brain. I got to give credit to my psychiatrist for giving me the title to this great book called “Brein Bedriegt” by Peter Vermeulen.
You will be able to read a few rough translations straight from the book, that especially apply to me, but most likely also to a lot more autistic people, besides me. I have left many citations as whole, to be able to get the full context. This does not mean all the details in that citation will all apply upon me or any other person with autism. There are so many variants of autism and comorbidities, giving different results and behaviors.
If you are having autism or you are connected with it, this book is totally worth reading. It is for as far as I know only available in Dutch, so I have taken the liberty to translate the most important quotes, which I find most applicable towards me.. Continue reading “Brain Deceives (Brein Bedriegt) – Book”